BRKW Appraisals, Inc. (formerly Bettendorf Rohrer Knoche Wall, Inc.) is a full-service real estate appraisal firm founded 25 years ago. The two principals of the firm have more than 35 years of combined experience in the valuation of a wide variety of real estate. Located in the Midway area of St. Paul, Minnesota, our firm’s focus is primarily commercial real estate within the Minneapolis/St. Paul “Twin Cities” Metropolitan Area, though we do also work in select outlying communities in the state.
Our extensive professional training and experience enable us to produce consistently reliable real estate valuation. All of the firm’s appraisers have the Certified General Real Property Appraiser license from the State of Minnesota. We keep current with advances in appraisal techniques and the changing real estate market through continuing education programs.
At BRKW Appraisals, Inc. we strive to build and maintain long-lasting relationships with our clients, through outstanding service and a deep commitment to the valuation profession. Our goal is to provide high-quality professional real estate valuation services in a timely manner that is consistent with the needs of our clients.
PASSION FOR VALUATION
We bring intense enthusiasm and energy to every assignment – along with the usual knowledge, training and experience required to do the job right. Result: Superior valuation. Every time.
We love what we do. We care about what we produce. We are confident as valuation professionals.
At BRKW Appraisals, we bring passion to real estate valuation. Passion makes a difference. It is the BRKW difference. Result: Superior valuation. Every time.
That, it’s been said, is what it takes (minimum) for any professional to really hone his or her area of expertise to the point of consistently producing great work. Each of our appraisers far exceeds the 10,000-hour mark – five years – as real estate appraisers. BRKW’s appraisers range in experience between 13 and 24 years, averaging about 17 years in the profession.
All of our valuation professionals hold the Minnesota Certified General Real Property Appraiser license, the highest level of license issued by the state. Certified General licensees may appraise all types of real estate (commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural, etc.).
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND…
…nor is a woman. Good valuation requires access to the best tools and information, and it’s enhanced by strong connections with other professionals. At BRKW Appraisals, we don’t go it alone. We are members or subscribers of the following:
- Appraisal Data Network (ADN) – 50-member cooperative of accomplished Twin Cities-area appraisers who share confirmed information on real estate property sales, lease rates, cap rates, vacancies, etc. ADN also has an extensive online library of local market reports from major real estate brokerages and national-scope real estate reports.
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors (MNCAR) Exchange – Private, broker member-supported database of commercial real estate sale and lease listings
- Northstar Multiple Listing Service (MLS) – Sold and listing data for homes, lots/land and smaller commercial properties in Twin Cities and surrounding outstate areas
- Marshall Valuation Service – National building construction cost source
- Realist – Source for Minnesota property general information and sale data (Certificates of Real Estate Value)
- Marquette Advisors Apartment Trends Market Report – Quarterly report on apartment rents and vacancies in Twin Cities metro and submarkets
- Appraisal Institute – All of our appraisers have some type of membership status with the Appraisal Institute, a world-renowned association of valuation professionals. One of us has the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute, one is a Candidate for Designation, and one is a Practicing Affiliate.
- Saint Paul Area Association of REALTORS® – Member
- Comparable Sales/Rents Database – BRKW Appraisals maintains its own in-house electronic database of real estate property sale and lease information. Each of our appraisers, as part of their valuation work, contributes researched and confirmed sale/lease information into the database, providing a centralized information bank for data sharing in the office – a key component of our high-quality valuation process.
- Collaboration In The Office – A key advantage of having three appraisers working together in one location is the opportunity it presents for professionals to talk amongst themselves, which leads to exchanging valuation information, ideas, approaches and solutions. There is great power in the forum setting created by a group of experienced real estate appraisers on a mission to develop value opinions that accurately reflect the reality of the market.